River Bend Nature Center
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Chamber Checks Accepted Here
River Bend Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a rich history dating back to 1978. Our mission is to help people discover, enjoy, understand, and preserve the incredible natural world that surrounds us.
Explore 743 acres of woodlands, prairies, and wetlands including the Straight River. Over ten miles of trails are open to the public year round for walking, running, hiking, biking, snowshoeing, or cross-country skiing. On-site and off-site nature education and outdoor recreation programs and events are available for families and people of all ages. School programs, day camps, and weekend and evening programs are available.
Visit the interpretive center to learn more about the natural and cultural history of the area or to rent outdoor recreation equipment. Hours are Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM and Saturday 9 AM - 4 PM.
River Bend Nature Center relies on donations and memberships, please join and give today. http://www.rbnc.org/membership/
For more information, call 507-332-7151 or visit and follow us on the web at www.rbnc.org, on Facebook at fb.me/riverbendMN, or on Twitter @riverbendMN.
- River Bend Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Become a member and learn how to support River Bend at
- Mission: to help people discover, enjoy, understand, and preserve the incredible natural world that surrounds us.
- Explore ten miles of trails through 743 acres of woodlands, prairies, and wetlands including the Straight River.
- Environmental education and outdoor recreation programs and events for schools, families, and people of all ages
- Interpretive center with rentals available
Member EventsThursday Jun 20, 2019Meet River Bend staff at North Alexander Park, get a paddling lesson, and then head out on River Bend’s fleet of canoes and kayaks for a leisurely paddle. ...read moreSaturday Jun 22, 2019Join us as we cook a meal together using the art of the Dutch Oven. We’ll try a few different recipes to including a tasty dessert. Pre-registration required. ...read moreSaturday Jul 6, 2019Enjoy coffee and bagels in a relaxed atmosphere while watching wildlife from the comfort of the Interpretive Center through our Windows on the Wild viewing area ...read more
River Bend is located on the east side of Faribault. Follow MN Hwy 60 east through town, then follow the brown nature center signs that begin at the intersection of Shumway Avenue and MN Hwy 60.