River Bend Nature Center
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Chamber Checks Accepted Here
River Bend Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a rich history dating back to 1978. Our mission is to help people discover, enjoy, understand, and preserve the incredible natural world that surrounds us.
Explore 743 acres of woodlands, prairies, and wetlands including the Straight River. Over ten miles of trails are open to the public year round for walking, running, hiking, biking, snowshoeing, or cross-country skiing. On-site and off-site nature education and outdoor recreation programs and events are available for families and people of all ages. School programs, day camps, and weekend and evening programs are available.
Visit the interpretive center to learn more about the natural and cultural history of the area or to rent outdoor recreation equipment. Hours are Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM and Saturday 9 AM - 4 PM.
River Bend Nature Center relies on donations and memberships, please join and give today. http://www.rbnc.org/membership/
For more information, call 507-332-7151 or visit and follow us on the web at www.rbnc.org, on Facebook at fb.me/riverbendMN, or on Twitter @riverbendMN.
- River Bend Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Become a member and learn how to support River Bend at
- Mission: to help people discover, enjoy, understand, and preserve the incredible natural world that surrounds us.
- Explore ten miles of trails through 743 acres of woodlands, prairies, and wetlands including the Straight River.
- Environmental education and outdoor recreation programs and events for schools, families, and people of all ages
- Interpretive center with rentals available
Member EventsSaturday Jan 26, 2019Take advantage of River Bend's trails by formally learning how to ski from River Bend's Naturalists. Beginners are encouraged! All Ages ...read moreSaturday Feb 9, 2019Show your loved ones (and the earth) how much you care by making and decorating new paper from recycled paper. ...read more
River Bend is located on the east side of Faribault. Follow MN Hwy 60 east through town, then follow the brown nature center signs that begin at the intersection of Shumway Avenue and MN Hwy 60.