Skip to content

Motor Vehicle & License Office

Motor Vehicle & License Office

Motor Vehicle License

About Us

Patricia Hanscom, Deputy Registrar

We are the local Deputy Registrar office in Faribault.

If you are driving or towing anything on a MN road, trail or ditch, or floating any sort of a boat on any MN waterway, chances are good you need to have it licensed. We'll get you on the road or water pretty quickly with whatever proof of registration you need!

Motor Vehicle Services include MN license plates, personalized plates, Collector and Critical Habitat plates. Show your support for our Troops in any branch of the service with Special Plates. Update your car registration annually by the end of the month indicated on your plate. Transfer your vehicle title or get a new MN Title for your car. Get proper registration for that boat trailer you've been using.

DNR services will get you on the trails or water in minutes. Register all boats, ATV's or snowmobiles through our office. The process is quick and you'll leave the office with DNR registration and tags in just a few minutes.

Don't forget our Driver Licensing Services. Whether you need a MN picture ID, Instruction Permit or Driver License renewal, our staff we get you out the door with proper ID in just a few minutes. Lose your license? No problem. Duplicate licenses can be ordered minutes.

Our goal is to serve you with knowledgeable efficient staff so you can get what you need and get back on the road as quickly as possible. We are proud of our reputation in the community and we work hard to keep your business.

Come on in! We'll get you back on the road!


  • Motor Vehicle Titles
  • License Plate Registration
  • Driver License, ID Cards
  • DNR Vehicle Registration
  • Boat Registration

Scroll To Top